Bayou Greenways

Thank you for considering additional ways to support the Houston Parks Board’s mission to expand, improve, and protect parks and greenspaces in the Houston region.

To make a tribute gift or donate by credit or debit card, use this form or give us a call at 713.942.8500 to make a gift by phone.

Check or money order donations: please mail to our office at 300 N Post Oak Ln, Houston, TX 77024.


If you have a donor-advised fund, you can direct a gift easily to Houston Parks Board. If your account is with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon use this DAF Direct Widget to connect with your account and recommend a grant.

If you have a donor-advised fund with a different institution or need assistance with an electronic funds transfer, please contact Candace Williams, Director of Development, Operations, at 832.817.7991 or


Please contact Adrin Biagas, Director of Land Acquisition at 713.942.8500 or


A simple way to support Houston Parks Board is to include the organization in your will or trust. The following suggested language may be discussed with your legal counsel while developing your estate plan:

I give and bequeath to Houston Parks Board, Federal EIN # 74-1860046, (insert dollar figure or estate percentage), for the use and benefit of the mission of Houston Parks Board to serve the residents of the Houston region.”

Please contact Mindy Guthrie at 713.304.6540 for a confidential discussion of this giving option.


You can promote our work and benefit future generations of Houstonians by designating Houston Parks Board as a beneficiary on your bank account, certificate of deposit, IRA, fully paid life insurance policy, or brokerage account by listing the following:

Houston Parks Board
EIN # 74-1860046
300 N Post Oak Lane
Houston, TX 77024
Contact: Mindy Guthrie, 713.304.6540


If you hold long-term (held for more than a year) publicly traded securities, you may be able to make a gift to Houston Parks Board while avoiding capital gains tax and obtaining a potential federal charitable tax deduction (if you itemize) on the fully appreciated value of your stock. Please contact Mindy Guthrie at 713.304.6540 for a confidential discussion of this giving option.

CHARITABLE IRA GIFTS (Qualified Charitable Distributions-QCD)

In December 2015, Congress passed, and the President signed into permanent law charitable IRA distributions per the following guidelines:

  • You must be 70½ or older to be eligible to make a QCD.
  • The maximum annual amount that can qualify for a QCD is $100,000. This applies to the sum of QCDs made to one or more charities in a calendar year. (If, however, you file taxes jointly, your spouse can also make a QCD from his or her own IRA within the same tax year for up to $100,000.)
  • For a QCD to count towards your current year’s Required Minimum Distribution, the funds must come out of your IRA by your distribution deadline, generally December 31.

To make a QCD gift from your individual IRA, please inform your IRA custodian that you intend to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution directly to Houston Parks Board, federal EIN # 74-1860046. The check should be made payable to “Houston Parks Board” and be sent DIRECTLY from your IRA custodian to us at the following address: ATTN: Mindy Guthrie, Houston Parks Board, 300 N Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024.

Please request that your IRA custodian include a cover letter or note identifying you as the donor and providing your mailing address so we may promptly transmit a donation acknowledgment letter to you.

 If you or your custodian have any questions, please contact Mindy Guthrie, at 713.304.6540.

Your kind consideration of Houston Parks Board will enable future generations of Houston area residents to enjoy our parks and greenspaces. Thank you!

Houston Parks Board is a registered 501(c)(3) organization with the United States Internal Revenue Service (EIN# 74-1860046). As such, your donation to us may be tax deductible. Houston Parks Board does not provide legal or tax advice. Please consult your attorney and/or tax professional when considering a gift.

Need help? Contact Candace Williams, Director of Development, Operations, at 832.817.7991 or