November 9, 2022 | 5:00 to 7:00 PM | Herman Brown Park, 400 Mercury Drive Houston, TX 77013
Spend an evening under the stars at Herman Brown Park to help shape the future of this park!
Join us under the picnic pavilion within the park, near the futsal courts and splash pad, and enjoy a variety of activities for all ages:
- Free dinner (first come, first serve until supplies run out)
- Homework help with a bilingual tutor
- Music by DJ A-Track
- Children's activities, including create and build your own dream park
- Maps and questionnaires about your use of the park and what you'd like to see in the future
- Stay until the end of the open house for a chance to win door prizes, including gift cards to local businesses!
Input gathered during this event will be used to create a master plan. After the plan is completed, the master plan team will determine steps for sharing a fundable and actionable plan with the communities and stakeholders who participated.
This event is bilingual, with English and Spanish-speaking team members and interpretation support on site.
For more information, visit the project webpage: https://houstonparksboard.org/about/hermanbrownparkLet us know you are coming!
Parking and Event Access Information
There are multiple ways to get to this event and enjoy all it has to offer. See below and if you have any questions, reach out to [email protected]
- Use the Hunting Bayou Greenway and Greens Bayou Greenway to get there! Either walk, bike or roll to this event using the new hike-and-bike trails connecting surrounding neighborhoods to Herman Brown Park. Check out this map on Houston Parks Board's website to plan your route: https://arcg.is/0KifGT0
- Plan your route ahead to take a METRO bus to the closest bus stop, click here: www.ridemetro.org (please note there is an 18-minute walk or 6-minute bike ride to the picnic pavilion from the closest bus stop location off of I-10)
- Drive your vehicle and park in any of the parking lots off Mercury Drive when entering the park from US 90. Transportation assistance via golf carts will be available for pickup and drop-off after parking.
In close coordination with the Houston Parks and Recreation Department, Houston Parks Board is leading the development of a Master Plan for Herman Brown Park with consultants Clark Condon and Blackland Environmental, guided by the City of Houston, with input from stakeholders, public agencies, and community organizations. The Brown Foundation is generously providing funding for the master plan.