Bayou Greenway Day 2019
On Saturday, April 6, 2019, Houston Parks Board will host the fifth annual Bayou Greenway Day along Brays Bayou Greenway at Mason Park!
12 p.m. - Ceremony with Mayor Turner at 12 pm
2 p.m. - Easter Egg Hunts for children under 5 and 6 to 12 years old
- Live music and entertainment
- Food Trucks
- Houston Texan's football activities
- Wade Smith Foundation football activities
- Houston Dynamo soccer activities
- Houston Zoo’s ZooMobile
- Scavenger hunt
- Nature tours
- Life-size yard games
- Borrow a bike from Houston Bike Share
Bayou Greenway Day 2019 is an event of Houston Parks Board in collaboration with the Houston Parks and Recreation Department. This family event is free to the public and everyone is welcome to join! We kindly ask you register (free of charge) for the event here.
Parking and Transportation
There are multiple ways to get to Bayou Greenway Day! Please see below and plan accordingly:
- A satellite parking lot is located at the METRO Polk Street Facility, 5700 Polk St., Houston TX 77023. Look for parking signage, park your car, and take a quick shuttle ride to the event. Click here for directions.
- Limited parking is available at Mason Park at the park’s north side. The entrance to the lot can be found east of S. 75th Street between McKinney Street and Walker Street. Click here for directions.
- Limited parking is also available at Briscoe Elementary School, 321 Forest Hill Boulevard, Houston TX 77011 – a short half-mile walk to Bayou Greenway Day. Look for event signage after parking. Click here for directions.
- Attendees are encouraged to bicycle, walk, or take public transportation to the event. To use the Brays Bayou Greenway trail, view the route in advance here. You can park your bike for free at the Bike Houston Bike Valet at the event.
- To take a METRO bus to the event, METRO Bus routes #50 (Broadway) and #76 (Evergreen) serve Mason Park. The #50 bus runs every 15 minutes and the Harrisburg and 75th stop is a 10-minute walk from the park. The #76 runs once an hour and stops on 75th, between Dallas and Santiago Streets, near the Brays Bayou Greenway trail connection.
- MetroLink riders can also take the Green Line to the last station, Magnolia Transit Center. From there, it is less than a one-mile walk to Mason Park, taking a left turn on Capitol Street and a right turn onto S 75th Street.
Please help spread the word about Bayou Greenway Day using our promotion toolkit found here.
Bayou Greenway Day Facebook Photo Contest
Enter the #BayouGreenwayDay19 photo contest to help capture Bayou Greenway Day 2019!
See webpage for more details.
Want to help make Bayou Greenway Day happen? Sign up to be an event volunteer by clicking here!
Shifts for volunteering are from 7 a.m. to noon and from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thank you for wanting to help make Bayou Greenway Day a success!
Previous Bayou Greenway Days
Looking for information about previous Bayou Greenway Days? Click here.