Lee LeClear Tennis Center
Lee LeClear Tennis Center (Braeburn Glen Park), 9506 S. Gessner, 77074
The Houston Parks Board is pleased to partner with the Friends of the Lee LeClear Tennis Center, Inc. and the Houston Parks and Recreation Department to complete a full renovation of the Lee LeClear Tennis Center. Opened in 1973, this once premier tennis facility is showing its age. Although still heavily used, the entire facility is in desperate need of renovation, from the courts to the tennis center.
The scope of work includes:
- Demolish existing building, courts, fencing, lighting, walkways and plaza, and improve drainage/earthwork
- Construct new walkways and entry plaza
- Construct new tennis center with observation deck
- Construct new concrete courts, practice wall, fencing, and court lighting
- Install new center court seating and shade structure
- Install new site furniture
- Install landscaping and irrigation
- Construct new parking lot, drop-off zone and install new security lighting/cameras
The estimated $5.4 million renovation will restore Lee LeClear Tennis Center to the premier facility of its glory days and provide a much-needed facility for tennis tournaments and the Houston tennis community.