Neighborhood Partnership Program
For PRIVATELY FUNDED PROJECTS
READ BEFORE FILLING OUT FORM:
The Houston Parks Board (HPB) is proud to provide technical and strategic support to groups interested in becoming stewards to Houston's park assets. The goal of the Neighborhood Partnership Program is to improve city parks and greenspaces through a cooperative effort between community groups, HPB and the Houston Parks and Recreation Department (HPARD). Selected projects must meet Neighborhood Partnership Program criteria, established by HPD and HPARD. Please note that this is not a grant making program.
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- HPARD Master Plan area of need (http://houstontx.gov/parks/masterplan.html)
- In line with HPB planning initiatives – Bayou Greenways 2020 and Beyond the Bayous
- HPARD capacity to assimilate the project into park system
- Capacity of requester to fund or fundraise for the project
- HPB's capacity to manage the project
To start the process, please complete and submit this form. Your request will be reviewed in coordination with HPARD to determine whether the project is beneficial and feasible, appropriate for the needs of the park system, and aligned with any current or future Capital Improvement Plan projects proposed by HPARD.
- HPARD must approve all projects before any fundraising activities take place.
- HPB is not a foundation or granting entity – we do not have funds available for new projects.
- HPB charges a fee during the initial programming phase equivalent to 10% of the cost of planning and programming, which partially covers HPB’s costs. Creating new park projects can be a complicated process. Beyond initial processing and review with HPARD, exploring project potential often requires professional service costs which the applicant will be expected to cover.
- After the programming phase is completed, HPB will also charge a fee not to exceed 10% of the project budget during the implementation phase, with the percentage determined by project scope and HPB’s role.
Allow up to 30 business days for HPB to substantially respond to your request.